I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your hard work this year. You are transforming BHT and making a difference to patient care every day.
Over the past year, we’ve continued to show real improvements against our three strategic priorities of quality, people and money, whilst seeing an increasing demand on our services – 10% in our acute services, and a 22% rise in our community services.
Our highlights are too many to list here, but include those I mentioned in my recent video message :
- The development of a one-stop eye clinic at Amersham Hospital to allow for the quicker diagnosis and treatment of patients
- A new rapid access clinic for rheumatology
- Securing the funding to continue to provide the Healthy Child programme for the next five years across Buckinghamshire
- Your work recognised through national and international awards including the HSJ Awards, and at the Thames Valley Health Research awards where we won twice
- The recent BBC 5 Live broadcast from the national spinal injuries centre (NSIC)
- A new-look interactive health and information fair to complement our Annual General Meeting
I am also grateful for the ongoing support and contribution of our volunteers and fundraisers, as well as our patients and the general public who have given up their time to help us improve patient care.
Your achievements are all the more remarkable when set against the backdrop of what is one of the most challenging times for the NHS. There are further challenges ahead, but I believe that we have an ambition and a clear strategy in place to meet them.
Working together the BHT Way – empowering our patients, engaging our communities and partners and enabling our staff – we will continue on our journey to become one of the safest healthcare systems in the country. Exciting plans to look forward to include the expansion of our stroke services at Wycombe, developing community hubs, continuing our work with primary and social care to support patients in the community and going much further in our quality improvement plans.
Once again, I would like to thank you for all you have done this year. For those of you working over the festive period, a huge thank you, and for those taking time off, I hope you have a well-deserved break.
Season’s Greetings and here’s to an exciting and successful 2017.